The water justice toolkit was created through the joint effort of organizations and grassroots groups from around the world as a strategy to consolidate our knowledge and support local campaigns against the corporate takeover of water.
The tools can be used by local campaigners in meetings with elected officials and decision-makers, to distribute to the public, to facilitate discussions within the community or to train local activists. We hope you’ll get in touch to let us know how you are using these resources and how we might improve future tools to suit your needs.
All materials are copyleft and can be reproduced and distributed as needed.
These tools – to support local campaigns to defend and reclaim public water and sanitation services – can be downloaded as PDFs:
- Remunicipalization: A practical guide for communities and policy makers (PDF 5.7mb)
- Public-Community Partnerships in Latin America: An alternative vision for improving the water sector (PDF 2.4mb)
- Public Financing: Ensuring just and sustainable water infrastructure (PDF 2.3mb)
These tools promote a water justice vision for the implementation of SDG 6:
- SDG6: Water and sanitation are fundamental services, privatization is not a means of implementation!
- A People’s Guide to SDG 6: A rights-based approach to implementation (PDF 32.4mb)
- (Re)municipalization of water – the right way
towards achieving SDG 6 (PDF 166kb)
- Whose rights to water will the 2030 Agenda promote? (PDF 118kb)
These tools – to articulate a vision for the human right to water that empowers local communities to defend their rights to water and sanitation – can be downloaded as PDFs:
- A Human Right to Water and Sanitation Toolkit for Global Water Justice Activists (PDF 1.1mb)
- A Water Justice Vision for the Normative Content and Principles of the Human Rights to Water and Sanitation (PDF 1.2mb)
- The Freshwater Commons and the Public Trust Doctrine (PDF 3.5mb)
- The Uruguayan model: protecting the human right to water and sanitation by banning privatization (PDF 1.7mb)
- Fighting the dispossession of peasants and rural communities (PDF 1.9mb)